- On November 20, 2017
- In On The Topic Of Photography Random Thoughts
- Tags: black friday, Chicago, christmas, cyber monday, fraudulent purchases, helpful tips, holiday shopping, holiday shopping 2017, holiday shopping tips, identity theft, internet security, online shopping, Photo tour, Photography, Photography workshops, shopping warning, thanksgiving, Travel
TTAL Shopping Ideas and Cautions For Your Holiday
In the U.S., today is the Thanksgiving holiday, a time to be thankful for all we have, those in our life and reflect on what’s important. For many, it’s also a day of American football-watching or the official kickoff to the Christmas shopping season. Some stores are open today to be followed by Black Friday, […]
- On July 5, 2017
- In All Things Chicago Chicago For One
- Tags: alleys, Chicago, Choose Chicago, convention activities, explore, local guide, Meeting planners, Photo tour, things to do in chicago, Tour Through A Lens, Travel, TripAdvisor, unique experience, urban exploration, urban photography, visit Chicago
Why You Will Want To Take The Alley Photo Tour
This Summer, Tour Through A Lens introduced a new tour, the company’s ONLY group tour: Alleys of Chicago Photo Tour. Why would you purposely go into alleys? Take a look! NOTE: There are still spaces available for next Friday’s tour, August 11, 2017, at 1:00pm!
- On March 14, 2017
- In Events On The Topic Of Photography
- Tags: affiliate marketing, arts and crafts, at your own pace, business of photography, camera gear, Chase Jarvis, Chicago, create music, CreativeLive, equipment manual, free workshops, gear talk, get healthy, improve your skills, Jasmine Star, Joe McNally, learn photography, lighting, marketing, mind and body, nature, online learning, Photography, photography business, photography sales, photography tips, Photography workshops, portrait photography, seattle, Tim Ferris, Travel, video, wedding photography, worldwide
An Excellent Resource to Learn Photography!
(This post contains affiliate links and, if you make a purchase after clicking on my links, I will receive compensation from the corresponding companies.) Often, my tour clients, friends and colleagues hear me recommending CreativeLive as an excellent resource of online workshops to learn or improve photography skills or even learn about the business side. […]
- On March 7, 2017
- In On The Topic Of Photography
- Tags: Chicago, creative, defining your style, Genre, insight, live your passion, niche, Photo tour, Photography, professional photography, psychology of photography, Travel, understanding your style
What Genre(s) of Photos Do You Think You Take?
If I were to ask what genre(s) of photos you think you take, what would you say? Let me help you out with a list: Portraits Weddings Events Sports Street / Urban Fine Art Macro Landscapes Family Travel Abstract Stills Motion Architecture ..the list could go on. Now, I’ll ask, what genre(s) of photos […]
- On March 4, 2017
- In All Things Chicago City Insights On The Topic Of Photography
- Tags: 1893, artifacts, birthday, Chicago, Chicago History, city events, explore your city, history seeking, inventions, Lake Michigan, Midwest, oldest photo, oldest video, Photo tour, Photography, Travel, unique, World's Columbian Exposition
TTAL Special Edition: Happy Birthday, Chicago!
It has been 180 years since Chicago incorporated as a city, and what a city it is! Being 180 years old is considered young for those of you in other parts of the world where your buildings or monuments date back hundreds and hundreds of years, but Chicago has not wasted any time making its […]
- On February 21, 2017
- In All Things Chicago City Insights
- Tags: Chicago, Choose Chicago, explore, Midwest, Photo tour, Photography, Spring, Travel, Travel Destination, travel photography, unique, Vacation, Winter
Chicago: The Perfect Winter Escape?
Seems odd to say this but, for the first Winter in a long time, Chicago seems to be the place to be in the U.S. if you want to escape the snowy blizzards of the East Coast or the storms and dangerous mudslides of the West Coast. What began with frigid temps in December settled to average temperature in […]
- On February 14, 2017
- In All Things Chicago Chicago For One City Insights
- Tags: Chicago, Chicago Lakefront, Chicago Tour, Cultural Events, explore, Favorite Things, Hotels, Jazz, Lake Michigan, Love Chicago, Millennium Park, Music, Photograph, Photography, Photography Tour, sightseeing, Things To Do, Tourism, Travel, Visit
Love and Chicago…The Ultimate Question
Not having been born and raised a Chicagoan, I’m often asked ‘What do you love most about Chicago?’
- On February 22, 2016
- In On The Topic Of Photography
- Tags: Chicago, explore, Lake Michigan, Lighthouse, Navy Pier, Photo tour, Photography Inspiration, Tall Ship Windy, tourist, Travel, travel photography, Winter, winter photography
Why Are We So Drawn To Photographing Winter?
Have you ever noticed humans are obsessed with capturing photos in the Winter, whether photographer or not? These days, evidence of this can be found on social media, news or countless blog articles. What’s the reason, you might wonder? After all, many of us complain about the mess snow and ice makes of our homes, […]
- On October 18, 2013
- In Events
- Tags: Architecture, architecture biennial, Chicago, Chicago Architecture Foundation, explore, historic buildings, OHC, Open House Chicago, Photo tour, private spaces, public spaces, St. Adalbert's Church in Pilsen, Travel, travel and tourism, urban living, walking tour
Chicago Opens Its Doors To The Public!
One of my favorite events in Chicago happens tomorrow and Sunday, October 19 & 20, 2013: Chicago Architecture Foundation’s Open House Chicago!!! Why is it on my favorite list…and should be on yours? Approximately 150 buildings around the Chicagoland area open their doors to the public giving tours, sharing their history and, in some buildings, […]