- On July 5, 2017
- In All Things Chicago Chicago For One
- Tags: alleys, Chicago, Choose Chicago, convention activities, explore, local guide, Meeting planners, Photo tour, things to do in chicago, Tour Through A Lens, Travel, TripAdvisor, unique experience, urban exploration, urban photography, visit Chicago
Why You Will Want To Take The Alley Photo Tour
This Summer, Tour Through A Lens introduced a new tour, the company’s ONLY group tour: Alleys of Chicago Photo Tour. Why would you purposely go into alleys? Take a look! NOTE: There are still spaces available for next Friday’s tour, August 11, 2017, at 1:00pm!
- On February 21, 2017
- In All Things Chicago City Insights
- Tags: Chicago, Choose Chicago, explore, Midwest, Photo tour, Photography, Spring, Travel, Travel Destination, travel photography, unique, Vacation, Winter
Chicago: The Perfect Winter Escape?
Seems odd to say this but, for the first Winter in a long time, Chicago seems to be the place to be in the U.S. if you want to escape the snowy blizzards of the East Coast or the storms and dangerous mudslides of the West Coast. What began with frigid temps in December settled to average temperature in […]
- On February 14, 2017
- In All Things Chicago Chicago For One City Insights
- Tags: Chicago, Chicago Lakefront, Chicago Tour, Cultural Events, explore, Favorite Things, Hotels, Jazz, Lake Michigan, Love Chicago, Millennium Park, Music, Photograph, Photography, Photography Tour, sightseeing, Things To Do, Tourism, Travel, Visit
Love and Chicago…The Ultimate Question
Not having been born and raised a Chicagoan, I’m often asked ‘What do you love most about Chicago?’
- On February 22, 2016
- In On The Topic Of Photography
- Tags: Chicago, explore, Lake Michigan, Lighthouse, Navy Pier, Photo tour, Photography Inspiration, Tall Ship Windy, tourist, Travel, travel photography, Winter, winter photography
Why Are We So Drawn To Photographing Winter?
Have you ever noticed humans are obsessed with capturing photos in the Winter, whether photographer or not? These days, evidence of this can be found on social media, news or countless blog articles. What’s the reason, you might wonder? After all, many of us complain about the mess snow and ice makes of our homes, […]
- On October 18, 2013
- In Events
- Tags: Architecture, architecture biennial, Chicago, Chicago Architecture Foundation, explore, historic buildings, OHC, Open House Chicago, Photo tour, private spaces, public spaces, St. Adalbert's Church in Pilsen, Travel, travel and tourism, urban living, walking tour
Chicago Opens Its Doors To The Public!
One of my favorite events in Chicago happens tomorrow and Sunday, October 19 & 20, 2013: Chicago Architecture Foundation’s Open House Chicago!!! Why is it on my favorite list…and should be on yours? Approximately 150 buildings around the Chicagoland area open their doors to the public giving tours, sharing their history and, in some buildings, […]