- On March 21, 2017
- In All Things Chicago Chicago For One City Insights Events
- Tags: 2017, appreciate art, artists worldwide, Chagal, Chicago, Choose Chicago, Cloud Gate, Crossing, graffiti, light installation, Mayor Rahm Emanuel, Midwest, murals, Navy Pier, Photo tour, Picasso, public art, public transit, sculptures, special events, The Bean, travel and tourism, unique, walking tour, Year of Public Art
2017: Chicago’s Year of Public Art
Chicago’s Mayor Rahm Emanuel and the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events have designated 2017 the Year of Public Art with plans for special community projects, art festival, youth programs and more. Of course, this announcement has me a bit excited. Here is a link to the City of Chicago’s Year of Public Art Schedule. […]
- On March 4, 2017
- In All Things Chicago City Insights On The Topic Of Photography
- Tags: 1893, artifacts, birthday, Chicago, Chicago History, city events, explore your city, history seeking, inventions, Lake Michigan, Midwest, oldest photo, oldest video, Photo tour, Photography, Travel, unique, World's Columbian Exposition
TTAL Special Edition: Happy Birthday, Chicago!
It has been 180 years since Chicago incorporated as a city, and what a city it is! Being 180 years old is considered young for those of you in other parts of the world where your buildings or monuments date back hundreds and hundreds of years, but Chicago has not wasted any time making its […]
- On February 21, 2017
- In All Things Chicago City Insights
- Tags: Chicago, Choose Chicago, explore, Midwest, Photo tour, Photography, Spring, Travel, Travel Destination, travel photography, unique, Vacation, Winter
Chicago: The Perfect Winter Escape?
Seems odd to say this but, for the first Winter in a long time, Chicago seems to be the place to be in the U.S. if you want to escape the snowy blizzards of the East Coast or the storms and dangerous mudslides of the West Coast. What began with frigid temps in December settled to average temperature in […]